Monday 25 November 2013

So there are some essential materials that graffiti artists need, one of the obvious ones are spray paint. There are hundreds of different companies and thousands of different colours. What I learnt from my graffiti experience is that there are different nozzle ends. This helps you with controlling how thin and thick your lines are. Just because you have these gadgets doesn't mean your going to be the next Banksy. I'm not going to fib I suck at the whole freehand stuff. Thats why I stuck to stencils! Stencils are however time consuming to design then cut out. BUT the nice thing is it takes no time at all to spray and lots of locations can be hit with your design in a short period of time. I found that paper is the easiest to use, but they have to be replaced more frequently because after a night of spraying it gets kinda soggy and super stinky. Card board is great but longer and harder to cut out... yes I did jab myself a few times with the exacto knife :(

I'll have to admit I'm hooked! I will probably continue with this for as long as I can go!

No comments:

Post a Comment